HARRASSOWITZ, Booksellers and Subscription agents, has a long history of service to scholarly and academic libraries. Begun in 1872 as an antiquarian bookseller in Leipzig, the company has grown and adapted to keep pace with advances in the information industry.
In 1882, HARRASSOWITZ acquired its first American customer, Harvard University. By 1885, the American presence had grown enough to require the establishment of a separate department to serve American customers. After World War II, the company, having sustained severe losses, reestablished itself in Wiesbaden.
During the 1980’s HARRASSOWITZ substantially increased its services to include subscriptions to European Scientific, Technical and Medical journals to libraries all over the world. The late 80’s and the 90’s saw gradual automation of company’s catalogs and ordering systems, until we now provide online access and ordering directly to our customers. As electronic journals began to become available, HARRASSOWITZ was among the first agencies to facilitate subscriptions, and we now offer full subscription services to all scholarly journals, print and electronic, worldwide.
Partager cet article :